What is Smartlipo® TPX Laser Liposuction?
The Smartlipo® TPX system is minimally invasive and provides the optimal blend of three laser wavelengths to disrupt fat cells at the source to remove fat and tighten the skin. It is one of the most advanced laser-assisted lipolysis available today and is a welcome addition to California Skin Institute. The laser fat removal procedure even stimulates the growth of new collagen, which tightens tissue, unlike traditional liposuction which can cause dimpling or sagging skin.
Smartlipo® TPX was designed with safety and consistency in mind and has a smart delivery system that allows your physician to minimize discomfort and customize treatment to your specific needs. There’s also little downtime with this minimally invasive procedure–most people can return to everyday activities after just a few days.
How does Smartlipo® work?
This laser-assisted lipolysis procedure utilizes a small tube (or cannula) about the size of the tip of a pen. This small cannula is inserted beneath the skin through a tiny incision where the laser can directly target fat. As the laser attacks these fat cells they are damaged and the remaining liquefied fat is gently suctioned out.
The Smartlipo® system’s small laser also seals blood vessels as it zaps fat, minimizing any bruising, bleeding, or swelling, and the treatment only requires the use of local anesthesia, so patients don’t have to worry about the time and risk associated with traditional liposuction with general anesthesia.
What areas can Smartlipo® TriPlex treat?
The Smartlipo® TPX system effectively changes what diet and exercise can’t. Not only is this laser liposuction procedure safer, but it can also be more effective at treating more delicate areas of the body. It effectively targets fat in the abdomen, buttocks, arms, legs, and even face and neck. This means Smartlipo® can work as a less invasive, non-surgical alternative to neck lifts and facelifts in patients with good skin elasticity.
Advantages of Smartlipo® TPX and laser fat removal
- Laser-assisted lipolysis targets fat with a smaller chance of loose, saggy skin like traditional liposuction.
- A high definition, sculpted waistline for both women and men.
- Lasting outcomes–it is proven to target fat cells with little reabsorption.1
- Optimally blends three laser wavelengths to precisely target specific layers of skin.
- Quick recovery–you’ll be back to normal activity within a few days.
- ThermaGuide: smart delivery system with safety and consistency in mind
- Cynosure Smartlipo® is non-invasive, and only requires the use of local anesthetics
- Fast and easy–treatments are non-surgical
References: 1. Laser Lipolysis: An Update. Jason C. McBean, MD and Bruce E. Katz, MD. 2011