Why Dermatological Surgery?
During the course of your dermatological care, sometimes a surgical procedure becomes your best option. Whether it’s a necessity to treat a medical condition, such as skin cancer, or an aesthetic preference such as eyelid rejuvenation, there are times when dermatologic surgery is the path that offers the best results.
What is Dermatological Surgery?
Dermatologic surgery involves the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the skin, hair, nails, veins, membranes and surrounding tissue by a range of surgical, reconstructive, cosmetic and non-surgical methods. The purpose of dermatologic surgery is to remedy and enhance the health and appearance of your skin.
Thanks to clinical advances, new techniques and instrumentation, many dermatologic surgeries now are minimally invasive and require only local or regional anesthesia. This means less downtime, easier recovery and better results for you.
Skin Cancer and Lesion Surgery Procedures
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Moles and seborrheic keratosis
- Other tumors and lesions
Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Eyelid surgery
- Scar minimizing
- Hair replacement
- ETS to control sweating
Why CSI For Your Dermatological Surgery?
When you put your trust in CSI for your dermatologic surgery, you get not only the medical expertise of your personal dermatologist but the full medical knowledge base of CSI, the largest private practice dermatology group in California.
- Our providers include board-certified dermatologists, laser surgeons, MOHS skin cancer surgeons, reconstructive surgeons, plastic surgeons, dermatopathologists, radiation oncologists plus many nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- CSI’s size and commitment to excellence allows us to offer state-of-the-art hospital level equipment but with a personal commitment to excellence and patient care. Over 100 devices including lasers, intense pulsed light, ultrasound, radiofrequency and microwave technology.
- Our multi-disciplinary approach encompasses centers of excellence such as our varicose vein treatment center, and AAAHC and Medicare-approved surgery centers.
- Our own full-service dermatopathology laboratory gets lab tests swiftly done in-house so no waiting around for tests to come back from the lab.