COVID-19 Announcement & Policies
How We’re Responding to Covid-19
We continue to advise our employees on best practices for maintaining good health. We are following State and County guidelines that require all of our healthcare employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Although the state of California eased the requirement on masks in indoor settings, healthcare practices are exempt from the new guidance.
- At California Skin Institute, we follow CDC guidelines to protect our team and our patients against COVID-19. We are required by law to ensure all staff and patients are wearing masks while in our offices. Staff is required to wear N-95, KN-95, or equivalent at all times in the clinic. All patients must wear a surgical mask, N-95 or KN-95 mask in all CSI offices. N-95 and KN-95 masks with valves are not allowed.
- If you are currently feeling ill or are experiencing COVID-like symptoms, please reschedule your appointment. In addition, if you have recently been in close contact with a person who has or is suspected to have Covid-19, or you are waiting for your Covid-19 results, please reschedule your appointment.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and be sure to avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and/or mouth when you sneeze or cough, and be sure to cough into your elbow or a tissue.
Here’s what we’re doing in our offices:
The health and safety of our patients and employees have been CSI’s top priority throughout the pandemic, and we have closely and consistently followed the county, state, and CDC’s recommendations over time.
Face coverings in our medical offices for both patients and staff are required.
- Providing hand sanitizer for our guests
- We are providing team members with N-95, KN-95, or equivalent to better protect our staff and patients. Providing patients with surgical masks when needed
- Plexiglass shields at the Reception desks. Limiting visitors along during appointments (1 parent/guardian with a child or 1 care partner for adult)