Face Mask Treatment
If you’re looking to add top of the line face mask treatments to your skin maintenance regimen, set up an appointment with one of our clinical aestheticians. We offer our patients a large selection of face masks, and every California Skin Institute aesthetician is trained to provide expert treatments which are custom-tailored to your unique skin needs. Such treatments can be performed on a stand-alone basis, or as part of a broader skin care regimen.
What a Face Mask Can Achieve
California Skin Institute aestheticians have access to a wide selection of face mask treatments for problems like wrinkles, sun spots, acne, dry skin, excessively oily skin, and much more. The key to making the best decision lies in the detailed assessment we perform before treating your skin. By understanding your concerns, the typical problems you experience with your skin, and your overall goals, we can select the best face mask treatments to suit your specific situation. In many cases, we can combine treatments for most visible outcomes. Some of the face masks we offer include:
- Enzyme Masks: A revolutionary treatment that exfoliates the skin by application of skin-dissolving enzymes. This face mask is gentle on the skin, because the enzymes remove damaged and dead cells while leaving healthy tissues alone. If you are looking to gradually reduce the appearance of acne scars, hyperpigmentation or shallow wrinkles, an enzyme face mask treatment can be performed between glycolic acid peel appointments, to give you maximum overall exfoliation that is also gentle on the skin.
- Anti Aging: For patients who are concerned with wrinkles and aging skin, our licensed aestheticians offer a number of anti-aging masks with a variety of ingredients, including retinol and peptides. Retinol face masks can help stimulate the skin’s natural shedding process and provide healing benefits to the skin, and are often requested by patients who are concerned with acne.
- Skin Tightening: Face masks for skin tightening can also be an effective treatment for those dealing with wrinkles or the onset of sagging skin. A variety of masks with ingredients like Vitamin C, for example, can be used to give the skin an added boost. Through a combination of antioxidant benefits and collagen stimulating formulations, the skin’s elasticity can visibly improve with regular treatments.
- Oily Skin: Clients who are struggling with oily skin may benefit from clay face masks, which remove excess oil. One of the benefits of working with a California Skin Institute practitioner is the training all of our aestheticians receive in applying such masks properly. For example, though clay masks can be highly effective at treating oily skin, they can also cause excessive dryness, which can throw oil production into overdrive. The key is to use such masks correctly, and provide the skin with proper aftercare, to avoid this occurrence.
- Hydrating Masks: Of course, one of the most important types of masks are those that focus on hydrating the skin, as this helps skin cells function at their most efficient levels. A moisturizing mask that contains special ingredients, like vitamin B5 and hyaluronic acid, can infuse your skin with the necessary hydration to maintain optimal health.
Your Face Mask Appointment
Here at California Skin Institute we often provide face masks as part of broader treatment during your facial appointment. For example, a mask can be easily combined with acne extractions, peels, and a number of other treatments. Your session will be performed by one of our licensed aestheticians and can be followed up by a Skin Care Routine Consultation where you can receive personalized suggestions about ways to improve your at-home routine.
Treatment results will vary, talk to a practitioner to see if this treatment or procedure is right for you.